If you’re thinking about that next computer and want to explore building your own customized Desktop PC, this guide may help.
It’s not as difficult as you may think to build a PC, you just need to work through each of the necessary steps one by one. You`ll soon end up with your perfect personalized Desktop PC, as well as that feeling of achievement.
The modern Desktop PC is modular, so you just need to plug together the correct parts in the correct order. Before going ahead you need to decide your budget, and what the specifications your new PC will be. The minimal parts you will require to get your PC up and running are:
- Computer Case
- PSU (Power Supply Unit if not supplied with the case)
- CPU with heat sink (Central Processing Unit)
- RAM (Random Access Memory)
- Graphics Card - if not built into motherboard
- Hard Drive
- Monitor - if you don't have one or need a new one
- Keyboard and mouse
Optional parts may include:
- Sound card if not built into motherboard
- Network Card in not built into motherboard
- CD/DVD Drive/Blu ray Drive
This list is basic, and there are many more components that can be added, making the Desktop PC a very versatile machine.